The life of our church has continued in new ways during the current pandemic. Following UK Government and Church of England guidance, we are doing all we can to resume as much as possible of church life as soon as we can do this safely. Please contact the Parish Office or see our weekly update for more details.
Thursdays in July and August, 10am to 12noon, 6 to 8.30pm
If you would like to come to church for personal prayer or reflection, we’d love to welcome you! But please bear in mind the following guidance, which is intended to keep everyone who comes into the building as safe as they can be, and to minimise (though we cannot eliminate) the risk of transmitting the infection.
- You should not come to church if you are have been advised to shield; you should speak to your GP if you need any advice.
- You should not come to church if you have any of the symptoms which are associated with Covid-19, such as: a high temperature; a new, continuous cough; or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste. You should self-isolate and ring NHS on 111 or see nhs.uk/coronavirus if you think you may have symptoms.
- You should not come to church if you have been told to self-isolate by any NHS body such as Test and Trace.
- We will take every step we can to keep church as safe as possible, including risk-assessment and cleaning procedures; but deciding to come must be your responsibility.
- To help with cleaning and hygiene quite a lot of equipment and furniture has been removed, particularly from the rear of church.
- There will be a one-way system to enter and leave church, please come in by the normal doors to the north (left-hand) side of the church.
- Please sanitise your hands on the way into church; there will be some hand-sanitiser available but if you can bring your own that will help our supplies!
- Please maintain physical distancing of two metres from anyone who you do not live with. Seats will be marked so that people can stay two metres apart.
- Please catch any coughs and sneezes in tissues or the corner of your elbow – ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’!
- Unless you are exempt, from 8th August the law in England requires the wearing of face coverings in places of worship so please wear one if coming for personal prayer. For UK Government guidance on face coverings click here.
- Please sit as directed by the welcomers and do not go into parts of the church which are cordoned off.
- Unfortunately at the moment we cannot offer refreshments or toilet facilities.
- In the unlikely event there are too many people wanting to come in we may need to ask people to queue for a short time.