Parish Policy and Contacts
- Earley St Peter’s is committed to:
- The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with, all children and all adults
- The safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and adults when they are vulnerable
- The establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where there is a culture of ‘informed vigilance’ as to the dangers of abuse.
A copy of the Parish’s Safeguarding Policy can be downloaded here.
For queries or concerns the Parish Safeguarding Officer:
- If you are concerned about a child, young person, or vulnerable adults the local authorities can be contacted as follows:
- Safeguarding Adults teams
- Wokingham: 0118 974 6722
- Reading: 0118 937 3641
- Safeguarding Children teams
- Wokingham: 0118 908 8002, E-mail: email@example.com
- Reading: 0118 937 3747
For all local authority services, in Reading and Wokingham, for safeguarding children and adults, the out-of-hours number is 01344 786 543.
- Church of England Resources
- Church of England Safeguarding
- Diocese of Oxford Safeguarding
- Our parish is part of the Diocese of Oxford, which is the Church of England in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, and Milton Keynes Telephone 01865 208290.
Other agencies that are available to assist either on a 24-hour basis or through specialist helplines and services:
- NSPCC Child Protection
Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence
Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
Helpline: 08457 90 90 90 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse
Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).